Basso Botanicals' Basics of Hemp
What are Phytocannabinoids?
- Phytocannabinoids are more than a hundred chemical compounds that are found in the Cannabis Sativa genus of plants. Some of the most well know include CBD, CBG, CBN, to name a few
- Phytocanabinoids—are cannabis compounds that have significant medicinal benefits, but do not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC.
- Scientific and clinical research—much of it sponsored by the US government—underscores Phytocannabinoids’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions and benefits for a healthy lifestyle.
Where are Phytocannabinoids sourced?
- Derived from any form of the Cannabis Sativa Plant, including both Hemp and Marijuana.
- Extracted from the plant material and processed into either a powder or liquid form.
- Our Phytocannabinoid rich Active Hemp Oil is sourced from Industrial Hemp, which has been grown for centuries for various products.
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
- The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is an adaptive response system.
- The ECS operates using naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors in the body.
- The ECS was discovered in the 1990s and is continuing to be researched.
- Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body, including the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.
- The 2 main receptors are CB1 and CB2. They are involved in regulating a broad range of biological functions such as:
Memory, digestion, motor function, immune response, appetite, pain, blood pressure, bone growth, and protection of neural tissue